2012 ONE IN TEN SCREENPLAY CONTEST

Monday, January 20, 2014

What Are The Odds?

I think that many times I have let the odds get in my way of taking my dreams seriously.  I have always wanted to win and Academy Award for screenwriting and remember back to an article that I read nearly 25 years ago which talked about the odds of making a living at screenwriting.  The article said that the odds of being hit by lightening are better than ever making a living writing movies.  Wow!  That type of statistic can surely create a case for not following a dream.  My latest thinking is that someone has to write Academy Award winning screenplays, why not me?

David Jensen

Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.
-- H. Jackson Brown Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment